‘Systematic’ School Holiday Workshop – Monday 24 January
Devonport Regional Gallery
‘Systematic’ School Holiday Workshop
This January holiday program offers young people the opportunity to explore ideas in a series of collaborative, multi-art form workshops responding to the exhibition, Systematic.
Two different workshops [each offered at two different times] will lead participants through creative exercises that interpret different forms of systems, from pattern and rhythm to environmental and technological/artificial systems, exploring questions of connectivity, organisation and inter-relatedness.
Systematic workshop series is a creative aimed at providing young artists aged 6/8 and over with opportunities and spaces for exploration, collaboration and endless possibilities for play. The workshops are suitable for beginners through to those with more experience.
- Please bring a sense of curiosity and wear clothes to get messy in.
- Parents must sign a consent to participate form upon arrival.
- This Public Program is suitable for ages 8 and over
This project has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Contemporary Touring Initiative program, through Arts Tasmania by the Minister for the Arts, the Hobart City Council’s ‘Creative Hobart’ grants scheme and by the Contemporary Art Tasmania Exhibition Development Fund.
Description & Conditions:
Date: Monday 24 January 2022
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Facilitators: Sarah Brooke with Erin Linhart
Half hour tour of the exhibition, followed by a 2 hour workshop where participants can take their creations home.
Adult participants welcome; participants under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Age Limit for this workshop: For ages 6 and over
This is a Covidsafe event – please see details below.
This workshop is free and all materials are supplied. Numbers are limited – bookings are essential:
To book your spot please email email@example.com or phone us on 64202900 and advise us of participant name and age, which workshop date & time you would like to book in for, and parent/guardian contact & attendance details (if applicable).
Please note due to the Holiday Season, staff on leave will confirm your booking by the week of 10 January 2022.
THIS IS A COVIDSAFE EVENT:
Covid-safe regulations must be followed:
1. Numbers are strictly limited. Work stations will be set up for each family/group. 1 adult required if any children under 8 years old.
2. 1.5m social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
3. Participants must be registered and contact tracing will be in place. Parents are encouraged to attend to supervise their children.
4. Participants must remain at their own stations throughout the workshops.
5. Participants will each have their own work stations that will be cleaned and sterilised after the workshop.
6. State Government mandates surrounding masks and/or vaccinations apply – current mandate requires all attendees aged 12 years and over to wear a mask.
Workshop requirements are subject to change and/or may be cancelled at any time.
*4x Systematic workshops will be held in total at 10.00am on Monday 17 January, Wednesday 19 January, Monday 24 January and Tuesday 25 January 2022.