2023 Emerging Artist Program Applications Now Open
Devonport Regional Gallery
Little Gallery 2023 Emerging Artist Program Callout
THE LITTLE GALLERY 2023 EMERGING ARTIST PROGRAM APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN UNTIL MONDAY 17 October 2021
The Little Gallery space is available to emerging and early career Tasmanian artists. The Little Gallery promotes the work of Tasmanian artists who:
– Demonstrate experimentation in 2D and 3D art forms
– Engage with critical thinking about their practice
– Demonstrate vision and progression in their practice
Exhibitions will be displayed in the Little Gallery space of the paranaple arts centre and will run for 4 to 6 weeks throughout 2023.
Artists are invited to present a talk while their exhibition is open.
Unless prior arrangements are made between the Artist and the Gallery, Gallery staff will act as mentors to emerging artists and will advise and assist with the installation of their exhibition. Individual public liability insurance may be required.
The Devonport Regional Gallery promotes and supports professionalism and equity in the arts and pays artists fees regardless of an artist’s status or stage of their career. An exhibition fee is paid once the exhibition is installed and a signed contract is returned to the Gallery.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Devonport Regional Gallery will provide an exhibition program and collection of the highest standard for the benefit, pleasure and participation of the community and to promote inspiration and knowledge for our diverse audiences.
The Devonport Regional Gallery aims to enhance public understanding and enjoyment of visual art, craft, and design through the delivery of a high quality and engaging exhibition, education, and events program that promotes and interprets the work of Tasmanian arts practitioners.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entrants must be current residents of Tasmania.
- Projects must not have been exhibited before and should be recent (no more than 12 months old).
- Entrants are considered as emerging artists (if unsure, please contact gallery to discuss).
- Entries representing partnerships between individuals and group collaborations will be accepted as long as all parties meet conditions of entry.
- Entrants have not exhibited as part of this program before.
- Devonport City Council employees and members of their families are ineligible to enter the Program.
THE LITTLE GALLERY APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed application form (obtainable from the DRG website), including project proposal and how it relates to the DRG mission statement
- One page Artist CV
- Up to 10 images of recent artwork as jpeg files
Download Here: 2023 Little Gallery Program Application Form
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 17 OCTOBER 2022
For more information contact Devonport Regional Gallery on:
(03) 6420 2900 or email@example.com
Image: Little Gallery Emerging Artist Program, A Place in Flux: Queering the North West by George Kennedy at the Devonport Regional Gallery, April 2022.