The paranaple arts centre is committed to protecting the privacy of its patrons and customers. We adhere to Live Performance Australia’s Best Practice Guidelines for the Australian Privacy Principles, as outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988. The New Australian Privacy Principles can be found at www.privacy.gov.au.
- Collection of Personal Information paranaple arts centre collects personal information through various channels, depending on your interactions with us. This includes:
Purchase of tickets:
- Over the phone
- In person
- Online via our website
Other instances of collecting personal information:
- Phone contact
- Electronic or written correspondence
- Signing up for our newsletter
- Becoming a member of paranaple arts centre
- Requesting information
In most cases, personal information is collected at the time of purchasing tickets.
- Types of Personal Information Collected and Purpose When you purchase tickets through the paranaple arts centre box office, we may collect the following personal information:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit card details (where applicable)
We collect this information to:
- Process ticket payments
- Contact you regarding event cancellations, postponements, changes, or lost tickets
- Disclosure of Personal Information paranaple arts centre does not sell, lend, or trade personal information to third parties. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties unless there is a reasonable expectation or as required by law.
Marketing Material: When purchasing tickets, you will be asked if you wish to receive marketing material from us. You may opt out of receiving communications at any time.
Event Organisers: For specific events, we may share your information with event organisers as necessary for event management or as described in their respective privacy policies.
Event Promoters or Producers: With your consent, we may share your contact information with event promoters or producers who may contact you directly about future events.
Third-Party Organisations: At our discretion, we may send you information on behalf of other organisations, including but not limited to arts companies, venues, promoters, or performers.
Security of Personal Information paranaple arts centre maintains a secure database to protect the personal information we collect. Access to this database is restricted to relevant paranaple arts centre employees, who are obligated to treat personal information as confidential and uphold its confidentiality.
Anonymity Where lawful and practicable, customers may transact with paranaple arts centre without providing personal information. Customers who wish to buy tickets without supplying personal information can make cash transactions in person at our box office. However, please note that without collecting personal information at the point of sale, we will be unable to contact you regarding event cancellations, postponements, or ticket replacements.
Access and Correction paranaple arts centre strives to keep recorded personal information accurate and up-to-date. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to the information we hold about you and to request corrections for any inaccuracies, incompleteness, or outdated information.
To access personal information or request corrections, please submit a written request to:
paranaple arts centre
145 Rooke Street
Devonport, TAS 7310
To protect individuals’ privacy, we require you to verify your identity. Please enclose a copy of your current driver’s licence, passport, or another form of identification with your written request. We will promptly return the identification document to you after verification.
While we typically do not charge for providing access to your records, if a charge applies, we will inform you in advance.
- Additional Privacy Information and Contact Details paranaple arts centre may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify our customers by posting an updated version on our website.
You may request a copy of this Privacy Statement at our offices or via our website.
If you believe that paranaple arts centre is not complying with this Privacy Statement or if you have other privacy concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Phone: (03) 6420 2900
Correspondence: PO Box 604, Devonport, TAS 7310